Asia Series Sponsor
China Development Financial was established in 2001 following a share swap managed by China Development Industrial Bank (CDIB). Along with its key subsidiaries CDIB, KGI Bank and KGI Securities, CDF has enjoyed its leading position in the venture capital market and investment banking business in Taiwan.
China Development Industrial Bank (CDIB)
CDIB has long worked in close partnership with the Taiwanese government to support the nation's economic growth. It has not only made a significant contribution to the nation's economic and industrial development, but has also played the role as a pioneer among local investment banks. CDIB's principal investment business has long held the lead with over 30 percent of market share in Taiwan market. In recent years, CDIB has focused on the raising and management of private equity funds. In recent years, to coordinate with government policies to upgrade the financial industry, CDIB has been leveraging its strengths and experience accumulated over the years to actively engage in fundraising and management of private equity funds. CDIB is working toward its objective of becoming a world-class private equity fund manager based in the Asia-Pacific region.
CDF aims to become a reliable partner for clients by providing venture capital investments, commercial banking, and securities services, and take step towards becoming 'the most distinguished financial group among the world's Chinese-speaking population!".
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms of KPMG International. Our member firms provide audit, tax and advisory services through industry-focused, talented professionals who deliver value for the benefit of their clients and capital markets. We operate in 155 countries and have more than 190,000 professionals working in member firms around the world.
Our geographic coverage and professionals strive to provide the highest quality of local experience and service. Our clients receive flexible, responsive and consistent service worldwide.
KPMG Deal Advisory Limited is one of the market leaders in Taiwan offering a coordinated and integrated service, which helps both our middle market and private equity' clients with their strategic, deal and portfolio management issues.
FCC Partners - A Leading Boutique Merchant Bank
As leader in middle-market cross-border M&A in the Greater China, FCCP provides innovative investment and financing solutions to our clients
• Established in 2010, FCC Partners (FCCP) is a "boutique" merchant banking operation with offices in Taipei, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Singapore. We are the leader in middle-market (U$30-500 million) cross-border M&A in Asia with proven track records throughout the Region
• With a team of experienced professional financial advisors across the Region, FCC Partners offers its expertise in cross-border M&A (mergers and acquisitions), private placement, IPO advisory, and specialized financial instruments such as Foreign Company Listing (F-IPO)、backdoor listing、as well as enterprise restructuring
• Our team of senior advisors provide innovative and sophisticated customized investment and financing solutions to our clients
Association of Family Offices in Asia (AFO) is a professional society in Asia distinctively gathers single, multi and virtual family offices as well as the industry societies in the region. AFO offers a range of consultancy services and organize activities to facilitate collaboration and co-investment among the prestige circle.
• Promote the industry and advocate members to practice the highest ethical standard and deliver customers with professional & reliable financial services.
• Encourage the practitioners to commit to continuous professional development training, thereby promote the industry to advance to the higher level of specialization
• Research with particular interests in the long-term development of the industry, regulatory policies & the effectiveness and the competition in Asia and in global arena.
• Support the constancy exchange among the practitioners practicing in the region and build the platform to enable the communication & networking among practitioners.
• Enhance the communication and engagement among family offices in the region and establish network for arranging club deals.
• Provide resources, education and consultation services for family offices in the region.
• Encourage all family members to become involved in the goal of developing and preserving family legacy through the instrument of the single family office.
• Support the industry to promote all-rounded services covering financial, succession management and corporate development to wealthy families and their family offices.
Founded in 1951, the American Chamber of Commerce in Taipei (AmCham Taipei) is a non-profit, non-partisan business organization dedicated to promoting the interests of international business in the Republic of China (Taiwan). With more than 1,000 members representing more than 500 companies and 24 committees advocating for various industry interests, AmCham speaks with collective authority on international business matters in every sector of the economy.
The Institutional Limited Partners Association is a not-for-profit association committed to serving limited partner investors in the global private equity industry by providing a forum for facilitating value-added communication, enhancing education in the asset class and promoting research and standards in the private equity industry. ILPA has over 240 institutional member organizations that collectively manage approximately $1 trillion of private equity assets. For a copy of the ILPA Private Equity Principles or for more information about ILPA, please visit ilpa.org.
Taiwan M&A and Private Equity Council (MAPECT), a non-profit organization, was established in Taipei on September 29th, 2009 by more than 70 industry professionals who recognized that Taiwan needed a dedicated organization solely devoted towards promoting M&A and private equity. MAPECT is an exclusive high-level advocacy platform dedicated towards promoting cross-strait investment activities by enhancing better industry-government relations, building an optimized regulatory framework for M&A and private equity deal-making, and leveraging resources provided by major private equity firms in Taiwan, Hong Kong, and China. Our members include the Taiwan Stock Exchange, the Taiwan Insurance Institute, Credit Agricole, Citigroup, Deloitte & Touche, and other many other highly respected financial and private equity industry companies, as well as legal services and accounting firms.
MAPECT's mission is to facilitate cross-strait M&A and private equity activities and to offer its unique services to the global market. Our mandate to serve our clients as an "official" go-between the industry, government, and general public is why MAPECT is able to advance our membership's interests as an effective advocacy platform.
Named after Monte Jade, the highest mountain in Taiwan, the Monte Jade Science and Technology Association ("Monte Jade") was established by a group of high-tech Chinese-American executives and companies in Silicon Valley in 1990. Their initial driving force was to bring together the high-tech companies from the Bay Area and the other side of Pacific which crave entrepreneurship, business operation, management, investment, technologies and marketing and create their synergy respectively. After its inception, Chinese around the globe echo its vision and found their own local chapters. Then, a Global Monte Jade Association was formed to encompass all the local branches.
To respond to Monte Jade's entrepreneurial spirit of pursuing excellence and gazing far, Mr. Chao-Shiuan Liu made a daring call; Monte Jade Association (Taiwan) was formed on May 5, 2001 in Taipei. His vision is to establish a global knowledge-based platform focus on technologies, entrepreneurship, and investment affair for the Chinese community. It offers technology oriented activities such as forum, gathering, annual events, trainings and publications and exchange platform. It attracts the participation of global Chinese entrepreneurs; assist those mid-size companies in Taiwan to evolve thru new innovative technologies, management models and marketing packages. These will promote the overall competitiveness of industrial development in Taiwan.
Now Monte Jade (Taiwan) had grown to have 230 individual members, 100 corporate members and 3000 plus electronic supporters for the past ten years. They are mostly founders and corporate officers of large and midsized companies in Taiwan. Those members will receive a bi-monthly Monte Jade Newsletter publication and supporters will receive electronic mail of Monte Jade activities monthly. The board members of the Association are elected from those influential companies or organization heads by all the members. The chairmen are then chosen from the board members to head the board meeting, activity planning and budget allocation. The secretary office will be the operational arm to promote these assigned activities.
The Singapore Venture Capital & Private Equity Association (SVCA) was formed in 1992 under the patronage of the Economic Development Board to promote the development of the venture capital (VC) and private equity (PE) industry. From a humble start of two, our membership now exceeds one hundred and continues to grow in tandem with the industry's development.
To foster greater understanding of the importance of venture capital and private equity to the Singapore economy in support of entrepreneurship and innovation and to look after the interests of our members, promote professional development, raise professional standards as well as facilitate collaboration among members.
As a not-for-profit organisation, the association strives to:
- Promote the professional development of the industry through awards, training, workshops and conference
- Facilitate interaction and collaboration among its members through regular networking events
- Act as a platform for dialogue on regulatory and policy issues pertaining to VC and PE through data research, feedback and consultation with members and regulatory authorities
- Build linkages to centres of VC and PE activities in the region through active participation at regional and global VC & PE Initiatives
For more information about SVCA, please visit: www.svca.org.sg
Asia Business Law Journal is a new bi-monthly magazine for in-house counsel with the responsibility for all or part of Asia. It clarifies the regulatory environments in all key Asian jurisdictions and arms its readers with the tools to seize opportunity, manage risk, implement effective legal solutions and identify the most capable external advisers. Asia Business Law Journal is published by Vantage Asia. email@example.com / www.vantageasia.com